Personal information held by Bananabrains Limited
We need a limited amount of personal data for us to provide products and services to our clients and end users. The personal data collected will generally include: company name, individual contact name (first and last name), telephone number, postal address, email address and IP address.
If you contact us through any channel, we may keep a record of our correspondence with you.
Note that we do not any of your payment information; it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
Details of your visits to our website may be collected automatically, including without limitation what pages you access and when, products and pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, lengths of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page (including information about how you use social media plug-ins), traffic data, location data and weblogs.
How information is obtained by Bananabrains Limited
This information can be collected when you contact us using our contact form, send us a direct email or we speak to you on the phone. We will additionally keep email correspondence between each other. We may use comments you make about us on third party review sites (such as Google reviews or TrustPilot) and share those in our marketing material, such as on LinkedIn. If you do not wish your comments to be used in this way, please let us know.
How information is used by Bananabrains Limited
We will use the personal information held to process orders, provide you with our marketing communications (only if you sign up though), be able to provide customer service to you, renew services, improve our services, and to comply with our legal obligations.
We also use your personal data to respond to queries, requests and complaints. The information you provide enables us to respond. We will keep a record of correspondence on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
Personal information may be used to help protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This may include using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. We may also monitor your browsing activity with us to quickly identify and resolve any problems and protect the integrity of our websites. We'll do all of this as part of our legitimate interest. An example of this is checking your password when you login and using automated monitoring of IP addresses to identify possible fraudulent log-ins from unexpected locations.
With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email and web about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts and promotions etc. Of course, you are free to opt out at any time. We include an unsubscribe link in every marketing email we send out.
Bananabrains Limited may also use logged information containing email addresses and subject information to help diagnose problems. In addition, Bananabrains Limited may also use personal data to improve on the level and type of service offered to its clients. As part of this interest in improving the service provided, Bananabrains Limited may process personal data for the purposes of sales analysis and client usage statistics.
How long will Bananabrains Limited keep your personal data?
Bananabrains Limited will keep your personal information for as long as necessary to meet any legal, statutory and regulatory obligations. In all cases, our need to retain your personal information will be reassessed on a regular basis. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
The law within the United Kingdom of Great Britain and the European Economic Area gives individuals the right to access and rectify their personal data held by Bananabrains Limited. This includes:
- The right of access from Bananabrains Limited, for a prescribed fee, confirmation that personal data is held, as well as a written description of such personal data, the purpose(s) for which it is being used, the source(s) of the personal data and details of any recipients.
- The right of rectification. You, the data subject, shall have the right to rectify incomplete personal data we hold about you. Rectification of personal data can be carried out at any time via an online form.
- The right of erasure. You, the data subject, shall have the right to withdraw consent to Bananabrains Limited to continue using your data. This may result in the cancellation of services we provide to you. This excludes personal data needed to be kept for legal reasons such as finance records.
- The right to restrict processing. Article 18 of the GDPR gives individuals the right to restrict the processing of their personal data in certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability. Any personal data used to register a domain name will be retained with the domain name even if it's moved to a different provider.
- The right to object. You, the data subject, shall have the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling); direct marketing (including profiling); and processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling. Bananabrains Limited does not perform any automated profiling or decision-making based upon personal data.
Bananabrains Limited cannot accept orders from anyone under the age of 18 years old. Individuals under 18 should consult with their parent or guardian about the use of this site.
The legal basis we rely on for processing personal data
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process personal data. For Bananabrains Limited, we require your personal details in order to provide you with a service. When collecting personal data, we will make it clear which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
How Bananabrains Limited secures your information
Bananabrains Limited takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect personal data from unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction; maintain data accuracy; and help ensure the appropriate use of personal data.
The data is secured in a way which is appropriate to the nature, size, and complexity of Bananabrains Limited's business operations. Our web hosting provider uses a secure data centre which is monitored 24/7 for physical and network-based intrusion.
Questions and queries
If you have a complaint regarding the use of your personal data then please contact us via our contact page and we'll do our best to help you.
If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113 or online at ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint (opens in a new window; please note we cannot be held responsible for the content of external websites).